The Spice Lab Dried Thyme - Premium Gourmet Spice - Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural - 5008
- ORIGIN: Thyme is a species of flowering plant in the mint family Lamiaceae, native to southern Europe from the western Mediterranean to southern Italy.
- KNOWN: It is a bushy, woody-based evergreen sub-shrub with small, highly aromatic, grey-green leaves and clusters of purple or pink flowers in early summer.
- AROMA: Thyme is an extremely fragrant herb with thin, woody stems and small, pungent leaves
- CUISINE: This herb has been a staple in southern European and Mediterranean cuisines for centuries.
- USE: Vegetables, soups, stews, stuffings and meat dishes. Dried thyme retains much of the flavor of fresh thyme and is therefore a suitable substitution for fresh in many cases. When substituting dried thyme for fresh, use roughly one third of the volume of fresh thyme called for in the recipe.