The Spice Lab Dried Green Chives / Dehydrated Green Onion - Kosher Non-GMO Gluten Free - 5029
- ORIGIN: Chives have a wide variety of culinary uses, such as in traditional dishes in France, Sweden, and elsewhere.
- USE: Chives are used with soups, fish, and sandwiches.
- HISTORY: Chives are one of the fines herbs of French cuisine, which also include tarragon, chervil, or parsley.
- FLAVOR: The delicate flavor that chives impart to food makes it a very useful herb to use in a variety of situations .
- HEALTH: Chives are also rich in vitamins A and C and are rich in calcium and iron.
The flowers may also be used to garnish dishes. In Poland and Germany, chives are served with quark cheese.
Chives have a mild onion flavor. Their pungency is not as pronounced as that of garlic and onions, which are considered the bigger cousins of chives.