The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Curry powder is aromatic, savory and sweet, with a hint of spiciness.
- USE: Curry powder is delicious when used to capture the essence of Indian, Japanese, African, and West Indies cooking. Curry powder is also an excellent all-purpose seasoning. Add it to soups, stews, and vegetables. Use it to flavor meat in marinades, rubs or sauce. It is delicious in scrambled or deviled eggs, or chicken salad.
- HEALTH: Several ingredients in curry powder- including turmeric, ginger, cumin, black pepper- have been shown to be beneficial for health.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this high quality organic curry powder is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free. It is packed in a SQF-certified facility.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive, safe work environment and brand.
Curry powder is a spice blend concept invented by British colonialists in India in the 18th century. Those returning to Britain- who expected to miss the flavorful, varied cuisine of India- could purchase curry powder as a simple way to capture some of the tastes they had come to embrace.
While not authentic, curry powder is an easy and delicious way to create a variety of savory dishes in the style of Indian, Carribean, African and Asian cuisines. Ingredients can differ, but The Spice Labs Organic Curry Blend is composed of turmeric, coriander, sea salt, garlic, cumin, ornion, ginger, cayenne, fenugreek, fennel and black pepper. This blend is sourced from and packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC CURRY POWDER IN...
COOKING WITH ORGANIC CURRY POWDER...
Curry powder is an appealing addition to a variety of foods. Sprinkle this blend on match-sticked carrots or cauliflower steaks before roasting. Add a colorful twist to your egg or potato salad with curry powder. Curry powder can spice up a salad dressing for spinach or grain bowl. It also packs a punch of flavor in a marinade for chicken, pork or beef.
Want an easier way to echo the flavors in complex ethnic dishes? Curry powder is the key to mimicking Indian favorites like Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Chana Masala, Vindaloo sauce, and fried, stuffed samosas. You can also use it as a shortcut to Jamaican dishes like Beef Patties or Curried Chicken with Pigeon Peas.
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.