Organic Rubbed Sage - 2 oz French Jar
- BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS, ORGANIC: We offer 32 organic spices in beautiful French jars with stainless-steel caps and convenient shaker tops with pour spouts. These lovely little spice jars make great anytime gifts for master chefs and beginners alike.
- UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ORGANIC LINE: Toss out your dusty, basic spices and upgrade to The Spice Lab Organics. These gourmet high-oil, high color organics are compatible with our premium non-organics, which means more options for you and clean lines for your organized pantry and kitchen. We make it easy to upgrade by offering premium organic herbs and spices at an everyday, non-organic price.
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: These gourmet high-oil, high color spices are packaged in our SQF-certified facility in Pompano Beach, FL. All-naturally farmed, they are simple, pure and pesticide-free. All of our organics are non GMO, gluten-free, Kosher and paleo & keto friendly.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our all natural organic spices are gluten free, kosher, non GMO and paleo & keto friendly.
- THE SPICE LAB VALUES: We're a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
Sage is an evergreen plant that is part of the mint family. It is native to the Mediterranean. The Spice Lab Organic Rubbed Sage comes from Africa, Europe and the USA, and is packed in our SQF-certified warehouse in the USA.
Dried sage has a much stronger taste than fresh sage, so a little goes a long way. Sage is perhaps most popular in Thanksgiving stuffing and dressings. Browned butter and sage are a pair made in heaven. Toss fresh pasta or gnocchi in this sauce or drizzle it over steamed vegetables. It is also delicious in risotto, especially with butternut squash. Use sage in your side dishes! Both roasted potatoes and potato gratins are delicious with garlic and a little sage sprinkled over top. Add dried sage to pan-fried carrots, or roasted cauliflower. It is also delectable in squash soups.
Sage stands up well to the strong flavor of beef, adding a warm, herbal flavor. Use it in a herb-crusted beef loin roast, or in a beef stew with red wine or crushed tomatoes. Sage is also delicious with poultry and seafood. Sprinkle sage over chicken pieces before baking them with lemon, olives and broth. Dried sage is particularly lovely when combined with lemon and butter, and basted on a whole fish or roast chicken.
Sage is a complementary flavor for thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, garlic and parsley.
Chef Fiona uses Organic Rubbed Sage in Potato Gnocchi with Sage, Roasted Tomato-Sage Soup and Ravioli with Sage Browned-Butter Sauce
GET INTERNATIONAL: Cook Tuscan White Beans with Sage and Olive Oil. Bake British Sausage Rolls. Cook Irish Pork Chops with Sage and Apple .
This dried herb is 100% USDA organic certified rosemary. It was all-naturally farmed and is pathogen free.