The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Dried basil has a peppery, minty flavor, with less anise taste than fresh basil.
- USE: One of the most well-known herbs, sweet basil is also known as regular basil or Italian basil. While it is often associated with Italian cuisine, dried sweet basil can be delicious in a variety of dishes. Try it in marinades, seasoning for chicken or beef, pasta salad, salad dressing, or to top a pizza.
- HEALTH: Dried sweet basil contains a significant amount of vitamin K.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this high quality organic sweet basil is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly and supportive work environment and brand.
Also known as Italian basil or Genovese basil, the herb SWEET BASIL belongs to the mint family. While very popular in Italian cooking, it came from India originally. Organic dried basil is superior because non-organic herbs can be irradiated, losing nutritional value.
The Spice Labs Organic Sweet Basil comes from Egypt, Turkey and the USA, and is processed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES DRIED ORGANIC SWEET BASIL
COOKING WITH DRIED SWEET BASIL
Add dried basil at the beginning of your cooking, so it has time to soften and meld with the other dish components. For example, organic sweet basil would be perfect in marinara or bolognese sauce, chunky soups, meatloaf, and casseroles.
Some Quick Fixes?
Curious which herbs basil complements? Pair it with oregano, garlic, chives, mint, parsley, thyme and more.
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.