The Spice Lab Timut Peppercorns - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Brand
- USE: in traditional Nepalese chutneys and pickles.
- OTHER USE: Timut Peppercorns can be ground and turned into powder for rubs.
- PAIRS: Peppers also pair well with meat but can also be used with fruit, beverages and cold desserts.
- AROMA: Sharp citrus, grapefruit-like aroma.
- FLAVOR: Bright floral flavor accompanied by lightly numbing sensation
Timut Peppercorns, a relative of Szechuan Peppercorns, have a bright grapefruit-like citrus aroma as well as the trademark mild numbing sensation that Szechuan Peppercorns impart to food.
Nepalese Potatoes with Tomato and Peas Native to Nepal, our Timut Peppercorns are ubiquitous in Nepalese cuisine and an essential element in this traditional dish. Chiles, ginger, turmeric and cumin add spice, while a garnish of yogurt and cilantro help to balance out the flavors. This Timut pepper from Nepal offers magical notes of grapefruit and yuzu on a woody and floral background. An incredible length in the mouth. Selected during my travels in the foothills of the Himalayas. Pairings in the kitchen: Meat, fish, vegetables, egg dishes, fruity and chocolate desserts Origin: Nepal