The Spice Lab Smoked Hot La Vera Paprika Powder - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Brand - 5298
- HEAT: ASTA value of 120, measures approximately 4,500 Scoville Heat Units
- LENDS: vibrant red color and a touch of rich, smoky flavor to cream-based sauces and soups
- ADD: to stews featuring beans, lentils, sausage, chicken, shrimp or other seafood for more complex flavor
- SPRINKLE: over deviled or baked eggs for a pop of color and spice
- OTHER USE: A delicious complement to poultry, pork and shrimp
Our Smoked Hot La Vera Paprika, or Pimentn de la Vera Picante, is a spicy, smoky variety of paprika from the celebrated La Vera region of Spain. Its deep, smoldering flavor comes from a traditional oak wood smoke-drying process, used to slowly dry out the chile peppers before grinding them into a fine powder.