Organic Oregano Leaf - 4 oz French Jar
- BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS, ORGANIC: We offer 32 organic spices in beautiful French jars with stainless-steel caps and convenient shaker tops with pour spouts. These lovely little spice jars make great anytime gifts for master chefs and beginners alike.
- UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ORGANIC LINE: Toss out your dusty, basic spices and upgrade to The Spice Lab Organics. These gourmet high-oil, high color organics are compatible with our premium non-organics, which means more options for you and clean lines for your organized pantry and kitchen. We make it easy to upgrade by offering premium organic herbs and spices at an everyday, non-organic price.
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: These gourmet high-oil, high color spices are packaged in our SQF-certified facility in Pompano Beach, FL. All-naturally farmed, they are simple, pure and pesticide-free. All of our organics are non GMO, gluten-free, Kosher and paleo & keto friendly.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our all natural organic spices are gluten free, kosher, non GMO and paleo & keto friendly.
- THE SPICE LAB VALUES: We're a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
Oregano comes from the small, olive-green leaves of the oregano plant, a member of the mint family. Oregano was originally from the Mediterranean, but now grows year-round in several countries, including Mexico and the United States. Oregano was unpopular in America until returning WWII soldiers introduced the country to pizza. The herb is still strongly associated with pizza today. Dried oregano is generally preferred to fresh by chefs and home cooks alike. It pairs well with basil, parsley, thyme, cumin, garlic and onion.
Sprinkling dried oregano over any dish as a finishing touch is the easiest way to use it, but you can also add it to your dishes in the beginning of cooking so it has time to infuse and meld with the other flavors. Add it to casseroles, stews and braises to get the most out of it. The Spice Lab’s Chef Fiona uses Organic Whole Oregano in Greek Salad Dressing and Herb-Rubbed Steak and Chicken Cacciatore.
The classic pairing is oregano and tomato, which means oregano would be great in marinara sauce, Bolognese sauce, pizza sauce, tomato-based soups, tomato-based barbecue sauces, ratatouille, chili, eggs-in-purgatory, meat stews, and the list goes on. Mix a tablespoon of dried oregano into the dough next time you’re baking. Cheesy scones, nutty crackers or an olive loaf could all benefit from a dose of oregano.
Oregano is excellent in spice rubs for fish, chicken, beef, and other meats. Try adding dried oregano to your homemade meat mix before shaping meatballs, burgers or meatloaf. It also enhances the flavor of stuffing, and salad dressing, particularly in Italian pasta salads.
Remember, dried oregano is very strong and can easily dominate the other flavors in a dish- so add a little at a time and taste test.
100% USDA organic certified, our organic nutmeg is packaged at our SQF-certified manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, FL. It is all-naturally farmed, gluten-free, pathogen-free, non GMO, kosher, vegan and paleo & keto friendly.