The Spice Lab Whole Brown Mustard Seeds - 5155
- GLUTEN FREE BROWN MUSTARD SEEDS: Whole Mustard Seed is great for pickling, grinding, brining, seasoning and Indian cooking. A pantry staple, it makes a great anytime gift for gourmet chefs and beginners alike.
- WHOLE MUSTARD SEEDS FOR SAUSAGE SEASONING: The spicy, sharp and pungent flavor of mustard seeds adds a unique strong spicy flavor to meat, boiled vegetables and chutneys. Toast them to bring out the aroma, then toss them on an organic salad to elevate the flavor. Chef Fiona uses Organic brown whole mustard seed to make her own whole grain spicy brown mustard. Add to pickling spices, chutneys and vinaigrette dressings. Toast and combine with other Indian spices to make curry.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Contains pure, all natural whole brown mustard seeds. Add to pickling spices, chutneys and vinaigrette dressings. Bloom mustard seeds in hot oil to activate their rich flavor or toast and combine with other Indian spices to make curry.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Packed at our SQF-certified facility in Pompano Beach, FL, our Brown Mustard Seeds are gluten free, kosher, non GMO and paleo & keto friendly. Try pickling mustard seeds and serving them with gravlax or roasted bone marrow. It's also a delicious, spicy sausage seasoning.
- THE SPICE LAB VALUES: We're a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
The Spice Lab Brown Mustard Seeds are perfect for grinding, pickling, brining and seasoning. The earthy, pungent flavor of brown mustard seeds adds a unique, spicy tang to hotdogs, sandwiches and burgers. Use it to flavor sausage and season boiled vegetables. Toast the seeds to bring out their aroma, then toss them with an organic salad for a crunchy, delicious texture. A common ingredient in Indian cooking, mustard seed is delicious in Indian sauces and dishes such as a potato curry in mustard sauce and chicken salad curry.
It’s easy to make mustard condiments. For homemade brown mustard, most of the ingredients you need are already in your pantry. You'll start with vinegar, water or beer, and Brown Mustard Seeds. Mix these together in a bowl and let sit at room temperature for 2 days. Place mixture in a blender with brown sugar or honey, spices, and salt to taste. Pulse until you have a coarse paste with many whole mustard seeds still intact. Place in fridge for 2 days to allow flavors to marry before serving. Have fun playing with different types of vinegars and sweeteners.
Chef Fiona uses Brown Mustard Seeds in Curried Cauliflower, Beef and Mustard Seed Curry and Potato Curry in Mustard Sauce.
These gluten free mustard seeds are packed in an SQF-certified facility in the Pompano Beach, FL. Paleo and keto friendly, dried mustard seed is kosher, non GMO and pesticide free.
A pantry staple, these dried brown seeds make a great gift for master chefs and beginners alike.
The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce and cultivate a friendly, supportive and safe work environment that reflects our brand.