The Spice Lab No. 136 - Whole Fenugreek Seeds - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Spice
- FENUGREEK SEEDS: Fenugreek Seeds, also referred to as methi dana, are native to the eastern Mediterranean and South Asia. They are among the most prized spices in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. Part of the pea family, Fenugreek is believed to have been first cultivated in the Middle East around 4000 BC.
- FLAVOR AND AROMA: Fenugreek seeds have a distinctive maple syrup aroma. Similar to celery and fennel, this spice has a pungent taste that can be best described as earthy, nutty and slightly sweet. This spice is often roasted to bring out its flavors and reduce bitterness.
- CULINARY USES: Fenugreek seeds are popularly cooked in or sprinkled over curries, pickles, vegetable and lentil (daal) dishes. It is a prime ingredient in most Indian spice mixes like panch phoron and sambar powder. Great both whole and ground, this versatile herb can be used as a rub for meats or added to starchy, bean or potato-based dishes.
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Fenugreek seeds are full of fiber and rich in vitamins A, B6, C, folate, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin, as well minerals like calcium, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc. Being nutrient dense, this spice is thought to have medicinal properties and has been widely used in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made only with pure, dried fenugreek seeds, this spice is all-natural, gluten-free, Kosher and non-GMO. Free of preservatives, fillers and artificial ingredients, this premium spice is one of the best on the market. All our seasonings are made and packaged inside an HACCP manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Fenugreek is used as an herb (dried or fresh leaves), spice (seeds), and vegetable (fresh leaves, sprouts, and micro greens). Cuboid-shaped, yellow- to amber-colored fenugreek seeds are frequently encountered in the cuisines of the Indian subcontinent, used both whole and powdered in the preparation of pickles, vegetable dishes, daals, and spice mixes such as panch phoron and sambar powder. They are often roasted to reduce bitterness and enhance flavor. Often used in Indian cooking, the Fenugreek has an earthy flavor that is found in Ethiopian cooking. 5136 Whole Seeds Fenugreek 5137 Ground Fenugreek