The Spice Lab Authentic Hawaiian Red Alaea Fine Sea Salt - Health and Mineral Dense
- NUTRIENT RICH: Hawaiian red alaea sea salt is comprised of some 80 natural elements, electrolytes and trace minerals, like potassium and magnesium. Red alaea is also rich in iron oxides, which makes for a great digestible form of dietary iron. Not only is this salt mineral rich but its rich in flavor too. Red alea salt gives dishes a delicious, earthy taste.
- LOWER SODIUM: Red alaea sea salt contains 84% sodium chloride, while regular table salt contains about 99% sodium chloride. This makes red alaea sea salt the better alternative as its lower in sodium per serving compared to regular table salt.
- HAWAIIAN ORIGIN: The finest red alaea clay is extracted from veins between layers of lava rock. The clay is then purified, refined and bonded with white Hawaiian sea salt, resulting in a vivid red, mineral-rich salt. Traditionally, Hawaiians use alaea in healing rituals and ceremonies to cleanse, purify and bless tools and canoes.
- COMMON USE: Red Alaea is the traditional Hawaiian table salt used to season and preserve meats and fish. Use this salt to make authentic Hawaiian dishes like Hawaiian jerky (pipikaula), kalua pig and poke. To add bold color and flavor, use red alaea as a finishing salt to any dish. Have a sweet tooth? Try red alaea salt on top of your favorite chocolate dessert.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The Spice Labs Hawaiian Red Alaea Salt is all natural, gluten free, kosher and non-GMO. This premium sea salt is processed and packaged in our HACCP certified manufacturing facility in the USA.
Alaea red sea salt is rich in minerals and iron and gets is stunning color from red alaea clay. Traditionally, Hawaiians use alaea in ceremonies to cleanse, purify and bless tools, canoes, as well as in healing rituals for medicinal purposes. It has long been prized by native Hawaiians for its spiritual and health benefits. The finest red alaea clay is extracted from veins between layers of lava rock. The clay is purified, refined then bonded with white Hawaiian sea salt. Red Alaea is the traditional Hawaiian table salt used to season and preserve meats and fish. Savor a unique and pleasant flavor while roasting or grilling meats. It is the traditional and authentic seasoning for native Hawaiian dishes such as Kalua Pig, Hawaiian Jerky and Poke. Commercial table salt contains approximately 99% sodium chloride. A scientific analysis performed on the Molokai "whole salt" harvested by traditional methods contained only 84% sodium chloride, a distinct health benefit. The remaining 16% was comprised of some 80 natural elements, electrolytes, and trace minerals that imparted the salt's exceptional taste qualities. Research evolved into a vision: to create a new, high-technology company able to produce the world's finest gourmet sea salts in commercial quantities, laying the foundation for a unique, micro-economic business model for Molokai residents. In the Hawaiian language, "kai" means "ocean," the source of life, so the fledgling company was named Hawaii Kai - with a mission to produce an incomparable suite of ocean-based products, bringing to the world the essence of the source. Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Brand.