The Spice Lab Fenugreek Leaves - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All-Natural Spice - 5135
- FENUGREEK LEAVES: Fenugreek leaves, also referred to as methi and shanbalileh, are native to the eastern Mediterranean and South Asia. They are among the most prized herbs in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. Part of the pea family, Fenugreek is believed to have been first cultivated in the Middle East around 4000 BC.
- FLAVOR AND AROMA: Fenugreek leaves are milder in flavor than fenugreek seeds and have a distinctive maple syrup smell. Similar to celery and fennel, fenugreek leaves have a pungent, aromatic taste that can be best described as earthy, nutty and slightly sweet. This herb is often roasted to bring out its flavors and reduce bitterness.
- CULINARY USES: Fenugreek leaves are popularly cooked in or sprinkled over curries, pickles, vegetable and lentil (daal) dishes. It is a prime ingredient in most Indian spice mixes like sambar powder. Great both whole and ground, this versatile herb can be used as a rub for meats or added to starchy, bean or potato-based dishes.
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Fenugreek is full of fiber and rich in vitamins A, B6, C, folate, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin, as well minerals like calcium, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc. Being nutrient dense, this spice is thought to have medicinal properties and has been widely used in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made from pure, dried fenugreek leaves, this herb is all-natural, gluten-free, Kosher and non-GMO. Free of preservatives, fillers and artificial ingredients, this premium herb is one of best on the market. All our seasonings are made and packaged inside an HACCP manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.