Organic Ground Nutmeg - 2 oz French Jar
- BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS, ORGANIC: We offer 32 organic spices in beautiful French jars with stainless-steel caps and convenient shaker tops with pour spouts. These lovely little spice jars make great anytime gifts for master chefs and beginners alike.
- UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ORGANIC LINE: Toss out your dusty, basic spices and upgrade to The Spice Lab Organics. These gourmet high-oil, high color organics are compatible with our premium non-organics, which means more options for you and clean lines for your organized pantry and kitchen. We make it easy to upgrade by offering premium organic herbs and spices at an everyday, non-organic price.
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: These gourmet high-oil, high color spices are packaged in our SQF-certified facility in Pompano Beach, FL. All-naturally farmed, they are simple, pure and pesticide-free. All of our organics are non GMO, gluten-free, Kosher and paleo & keto friendly.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our all natural organic spices are gluten free, kosher, non GMO and paleo & keto friendly.
- THE SPICE LAB VALUES: We're a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
Nutmeg comes from the pit of a stone fruit native to the tropical Spice Islands of Indonesia. Borne by Myristica fragrans evergreen trees, this fruit pit gives us two spices - its lacey outer layer can be ground into mace, which is sweeter and softer, and its inner meat, nutmeg. Since nutmeg is a seed rather than a nut, it is safe for people with nut allergies to consume. The Spice Lab Organic Ground Nutmeg comes from India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and the USA, and is processed in the USA.
Nutmeg’s distinctive warm, spicy aroma is associated with holiday time. It not only helps create delicious gingerbread and pies, but adds a je-ne-sais-quoi to mulled wine and eggnog. Nutmeg is also a powerful player when added to savory dishes. Add it to your cheese sauce before you fold in your macaroni. Sprinkle it on butternut squash before roasting, or into potato soup before blending. Nutmeg also adds nuance to meat dishes. Add nutmeg to roast chicken, beef Bolognese, or pork loin braised in milk. Flavor sausage patties, Swedish meatballs or meat-stuffed ravioli with it.
Chef Fiona uses organic nutmeg in creamed spinach, pumpkin pie and lasagna.
100% USDA organic certified, our Organic Ground Nutmeg is packaged at our SQF-certified manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, FL. It is all-naturally farmed, gluten free, pathogen free, non GMO, kosher, vegan and paleo & keto friendly.
The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce and cultivate a friendly, supportive and safe work environment that reflects our brand.