Organic Ground Cinnamon - 1.6 oz French Jar
- BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS, ORGANIC: We offer 32 organic spices in beautiful French jars with stainless-steel caps and convenient shaker tops with pour spouts. These lovely little spice jars make great anytime gifts for master chefs and beginners alike.
- UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM ORGANIC LINE: Toss out your dusty, basic spices and upgrade to The Spice Lab Organics. These gourmet high-oil, high color organics are compatible with our premium non-organics, which means more options for you and clean lines for your organized pantry and kitchen. We make it easy to upgrade by offering premium organic herbs and spices at an everyday, non-organic price.
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: These gourmet high-oil, high color spices are packaged in our SQF-certified facility in Pompano Beach, FL. All-naturally farmed, they are simple, pure and pesticide-free. All of our organics are non GMO, gluten-free, Kosher and paleo & keto friendly.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our all natural organic spices are gluten free, kosher, non GMO and paleo & keto friendly.
- THE SPICE LAB VALUES: We're a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to our community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
Cinnamon can be divided into two organic categories: organic cassia and organic Ceylon cinnamon. While these cinnamons belong to the same plant family, they have distinctively different aromas and tastes. Cassia is a darker brown, and has a stronger and spicier flavor than Ceylon, and cassia is the most commonly sold cinnamon in American grocery stores. The Spice Lab cassia Organic Ground Cinnamon comes from India and Asia, and it is packed here in the USA.
Cinnamon’s distinctive strong and spicy sweetness is a perfect pairing with sweets like fruit crumbles, rolls and cinnamon rugelach. It adds an intriguing flavor to traditional favorites like coffee cake and apple fritters as well as to more unusual desserts like caramelized bananas or cinnamon chocolate pudding. Ground cinnamon is an essential ingredient for not only pumpkin pie, but the pumpkin spice latte, a fall favorite.
However, cinnamon is not only delicious in desserts: it adds a rich sweetness that rounds out a savory dish. Try ground cinnamon with minced lamb in moussaka, sprinkle it onto acorn squash before roasting, or stir some into a beefy bean chili. It adds a little extra deliciousness to Butternut Squash Soup, and it also works well in spice blends like Chinese Five-Spice Powder or Indian Garam Masala.
Chef Fiona uses Organic Ground Cinnamon in churros with Mexican chocolate sauce, cinnamon raisin bread and Israeli couscous.
A staple for the pantry and the holidays, it makes a great anytime gift for master chefs and beginners alike.