4120 Creme Brulee French Toast
4122 Espresso Creme Brule French Toast
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, rum, Cointreau, Vanilla Extract, and Nutmeg. Pack the bread into a 13" x 9" baking dish. Pour mixture over the bread, cover, and refrigerate overnight. An hour before baking, flip the bread cubes over, cover again and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Preheat oven to 375°. Bake for 25 minutes. While bread is baking, heat a small saucepan over medium high heat. Combine the Demerara Sugar, butter, Espresso Salt, and Vanilla Bean Powder. Cook until mixture begins to bubble and a caramel forms. Remove bread from the oven, pour caramel over bread, and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately while hot.
- 1 stale challah bread, cut into 2” cubes (See Below)
- 5 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5244) Whole Nutmeg, freshly ground
- ¼ cup Demerara Sugar
- 1 small orange, zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon (5177) Vanilla Bean Powder
- 8 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon (4120) Espresso Salt
Double the caramel recipe so you can pour it over your popcorn for a tasty snack later.
Try our version of this yummy classic breakfast dish
|SKU||4120 5177 5244 R188|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
|Total Time||40 Minutes|
|Credits||Chef Cindy Taffel & Photographer Robyn Handler|