Ancho Chili and Coffee Rub Meatloaf
Spice up your meatloaf with a sweet and smoky mix of dried peppers, coffee & other spices
Sauce: In a small bowl, mix Apple Cider Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Ketchup, and Ancho Chili & Coffee Steak Rub. Set sauce aside.
Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 350°. Soak the bread in half and half for 10 minutes.
In a skillet over medium heat, add Olive Oil and saute the onions until brown.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread, onions and all of the other ingredients. Form into a loaf and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes and then pour sauce over the meatloaf. Cook for another 20-30 minutes or until done.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 slice of bread, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Cyprus Salt (Flake)
- 2 tablespoons Ancho Chili & Coffee Steak Rub
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- ½ cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chili & Coffee Steak Rub
Place a pan of hot water under the rack the meatloaf is cooking on to prevent the meatloaf from cracking in the oven.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||75 Minutes|
|Total Time||90 Minutes|
|Credits||Chef Cindy Taffel & Photographer Robyn Handler|