5140 Gingerbread Cake with Candied Ginger
Gingerbread Cake with Candied Ginger
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Coat the sides of the pan with flour.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, Himalayan Pink Salt, Ground Ginger, Vietnamese "Saigon" Cinnamon, and Ground Cloves. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, combine butter, dark brown sugar, molasses, and boiling water. Whisk until butter is melted and then add the egg. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until there are no more lumps. Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Set pan on rack to cool and then cut into squares to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and Diced Crystallized Ginger.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (4040) Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons (5019) Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5045) Vietnamese "Saigon" Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (5050) Ground Cloves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½” chunks
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 molasses
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (5140) Diced Crystallized Ginger, for garnish
Invest 5 minutes of whisking to make the freshest Whipped cream ever. All you need is 1 cup of heavy crème and a whisk…or a stand mixer. Viola!
Authentic recipe from the Czech Republic
|SKU||5140 5045 R098|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
|Total Time||50 Minutes|
|Credits||Chef Cindy Taffel & Photographer Robyn Handler|