The Spice Lab Whole White Peppercorns - Whole White Pepper for Grinder Refill - Packed in USA - Non GMO Kosher - Perfect for Meat, Seafood, Soups, and Vegetables - 5053
- PREMIUM WHITE PEPPERCORNS: White peppercorns are made by removing the dark skin of the pepper fruits, leaving only the naked seeds of the pepper plant. This is done through a process known as retting. This process consists of soaking fully ripe red pepper berries in water for a week, allowing the skin of the pepper to soften. Rubbing the peppers then removes the skin and the bare seed is dried. Another process involves removing the outer pepper from the seed through mechanical, chemical or biolo
- DELICATE FLAVOR: White peppercorns come from ripe berries which are fermented for some time, which accounts for their fruity and mildly fermented notes. The skin of the berries is then removed, consequently removing some of the spices natural flavors. As a result, white peppercorns have a more nuanced and earthier flavor profile. They also have more heat compared to black peppercorns.
- COMMON USES: White peppercorns are used in recipes needing that aromatic, pungent flavor of pepper without the darker flakes of black peppercorns. Theyre commonly used in light colored dishes like cream sauces, white gravies, potato salad and batter coatings for fish and poultry. Peppers tend to lose some of their flavor when cooked for long periods, so its best to season dishes toward the end.
- ASIAN CUISINE: White peppercorns are widely used in traditional Chinese and Thai dishes to provide added heat without the black pepper specs. They are commonly added to soups, stews, stir-fries, meat marinades and dry rubs. It is preferred over black peppercorn because of its earthier flavor and additional heat.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: These white peppercorns are made to ensure premium quality and freshness. Perfect refills for grinders, whole white peppercorns stay fresher longer than when packaged already ground. All-natural, gluten-free, kosher and non-GMO, these peppercorns are one of the best in the market.
White pepper consists solely of the seed of the pepper plant, with the darker-colored skin of the pepper fruit removed. In a process known as retting, where fully ripe red pepper berries are soaked in water for about a week, during which the flesh of the pepper softens and is removed. Mainly used in French, Asian cuisines, particularly Vietnamese and Thai cuisine. As they are members of the cashew family, they may cause allergic reactions including anaphylaxis for persons with a tree nut allergy.