The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Mustard Seed as a similar flavor profile to horseradish. It is mild with some sharpness.
- USE: Use ground mustard seed to add pungent, spicy flavor to salad dressings, marinades, and spice rubs. It is also excellent in rich sauces like bechamel or hollandaise.
- HEALTH: Mustard seed is rich with protein.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this ground mustard seed is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
YELLOW MUSTARD SEED - also known as White Mustard seed- are found inside fruit pods harvested from the mustard plant, from the Brassica family, which also includes wasabi, horseradish, and brussels-sprouts. The Spice Labs mustard seed is sourced from Canada, India and the USA, and is packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC GROUND MUSTARD IN...
COOKING WITH ORGANIC GROUND MUSTARD SEED
Mustard is an emulsifier, which means it helps ingredients (like oil and vinegar in a sauce or dressing) fully meld together.
Add ground mustard to barbecue sauces and spice rubs for meat and shrimp. Make your own party mix with ground mustard and pretzels, nuts or chickpeas- add a little honey and salt, then roast til deliciously crispy and spicy.
Cheese and mustard are a natural pairing. Use ground mustard in welsh rarebit (fancy melted cheese on toast), Cauliflower Cheese, and Beer Cheese Dip. Ground mustard also makes a great glaze, particularly for baked ham.
To prepare wet mustard from the ground seeds, mix it with water and vinegar.
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.