The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Dried oregano has a pungently earthy and slightly bitter flavor with notes of mint.
- USE: Dried organic oregano is very popular in Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. Use it as a topping to brighten up pizzas, salads and dips, or add it to slow-cooked casseroles, soups and stews.
- HEALTH: Oregano is very high in antioxidants.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this high-quality organic oregano leaf is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
OREGANO comes from the small, olive-green leaves of the oregano plant, a member of the mint family. It originated in the Mediterranean. Dried oregano is generally preferred to fresh by chefs and home cooks alike.
The Spice Labs Organic oregano leaf comes from Turkey and is Packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC OREGANO LEAF IN:
COOKING WITH ORGANIC OREGANO LEAF...
Sprinkling dried oregano over any dish as a finishing touch is the easiest way to use it. But you can also add it to your dishes in the beginning of cooking so it has time to infuse and meld with the other flavors.
The classic pairing is oregano and tomato. This means marinara sauce, Bolognese sauce, pizza sauce, tomato-based soups, tomato-based barbecue sauces, ratatouille, chili, eggs-in-purgatory, meat stews- the list goes on. While tomato is one dominant flavor, dried oregano pairs well with other strongly flavored vegetables as well, like cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and brussels sprouts.
Dried oregano is excellent in spice rubs for fish, chicken, beef, etc. Use it in meatballs and burgers. Also, try dried oregano in Italian salad dressing, dips- or salads with bold ingredients like cheese or anchovies. Remember, dried oregano is very strong and can easily dominate the other flavors in a dish- so add a little at a time and taste test.
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.