The Spice Lab Cumin Seeds - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Spice - 5133
- AROMA: An aromatic spice with a distinctive bitter flavor and strong, warm aroma due to its abundant oil content.
- IDEA: Cumin "seeds" are actually the small dried fruit of an annual plant in the parsley family.
- ORIGIN: Cumin is the dried seed of the herb Cuminum cyminum, a member of the parsley family native from the east Mediterranean to India.
- FLAVOR: It has a distinctive bitter flavor and strong, warm aroma due to its abundant oil content.
- USE: Cumin is a popular ingredient in Middle Eastern, Asian, Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines, and is one of the main ingredients in curry powder.