The Spice Lab Ground Fennel Seeds - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Seeds - 5198
- CULINARY: The bulb, foliage, and seeds of the fennel plant are used in many of the culinary traditions of the world.
- POTENT: The small flowers of wild fennel (known as fennel "pollen") are the most potent form of fennel, but also the most expensive.
- AROMA: Dried fennel seed is an aromatic, anise-flavored spice, brown or green in color when fresh, slowly turning a dull grey as the seed ages.
- USE: The bulb is a crisp vegetable that can be sauted, stewed, braised, grilled, or eaten raw.
- FOR USE: Fennel seeds are sometimes confused with those of anise, which are similar in taste and appearance, though smaller. The seeds are used in cookery and sweet desserts.