The Spice Lab French Grey 'Dried' Fine Salt - Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Premium Gourmet Salt - 4049
- FRENCH GREY SALT: Referred to as sel gris or sel de Gurande, French grey salt is an unrefined natural salt. Considered the champagne of salts, this salt is specially harvested from salt marshes in Gurande, a small town on the Western coast of France. Enriched with minerals, French grey salt is said to have a rich and briny taste reminiscent of the sea and winds of Brittany.
- HAND HARVESTED: An age-old tradition for the salt workers of Gurande, French grey salt has been harvested by hand for centuries with the same techniques used and passed down by their Celtic ancestors since the Iron Age. Today, this hand-selected salt is celebrated in kitchens throughout the world as one of the best, premium salts on the market.
- FLAVOR PROFILE: A completely natural and unprocessed salt, Gurande salt is light grey in color and rich in minerals due to the clay soil from the region which it is extracted from. These minerals help to impart a unique taste to the salt that is distinct from any other. French grey salt has a naturally high moisture content and a complex, mild, briny flavor, qualities that are often sought after by professional chefs.
- COMMON USE: This fine grain French salt is excellent as an all-around cooking and finishing salt. A kitchen staple, Gurande salt enhances the flavors of any dish and is particularly good with seafood, steaks, roasted vegetables, stews and marinades. Use Gurande to create authentic French cuisine your whole family will enjoy.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The Spice Labs Fine Grain French Grey Salt is all natural, gluten free, kosher and non-GMO. This premium sea salt is processed and packaged in our HACCP certified manufacturing facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Gurande (Fine) - Sea Salt - Brittany, France.... An unrefined natural salt, enriched with elements, especially magnesium, with a taste reminiscent of the sea and winds of Celtic Brittany. Gurande is harvested by hand and celebrated in kitchens throughout the world. Gurande is excellent as a finishing and well as a table salt. For hundreds of years, the inhabitants of the coastal town Gurande, have harvested salt by hand, using traditional Celtic methods. Today a cooperative of salt farmers continues to produce quality sea salt, which many argue is the champagne of sea salts. A completely natural salt, it is light grey in color, rich in minerals, enhances flavors spectacularly, and is a favorite in kitchens throughout the world. The grey color comes from the rain lightly disturbing the clay at the bottom of the salt ponds. Pure and unprocessed, the salt is dried slowly and then ground into a fine powder or left coarse. This is a proud table salt and a favorite with Celts for thousands of years. Gurande enhances all recipes, and it is particularly good with seafood, steaks, or anything else you can find in a French kitchen, (although we havent yet tried it with frogs legs or snails).