The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Crushed red pepper flakes are earthy and a little sharp. They are primarily used to add heat.
- USE: Crushed Red Pepper Flakes are a pantry staple. Shake them onto your Italian favorites as a spicy garnish or use them to add heat to slow-cooked recipes like sauces, stews, soups and chili.
- HEALTH: Studies have shown that eating spicy foods can prompt people to eat smaller portions.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this high quality organic crushed red pepper is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free. It was packed in a SQF-certified facility.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive, safe work environment and brand.
ORGANIC CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES are made from a mix of peppers in the Capsicum annum plant family, including cayenne. The Spice Labs Organic Red Pepper Flakes are from India, China, Mexico and the USA, and are packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES IN...
COOKING WITH CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES... Crushed red pepper primarily works to add heat to a dish. To enhance their effect, briefly toast the flakes before adding to your food.
In America, red pepper flakes are most often associated with Italian restaurants- and for good reason. It is delicious sprinkled over pizza, or dishes such as eggplant parmesan or fettuccine al fredo. They are essential for the famously spicy penne alla arrabiata.
These flakes also appear on tables in Mediterranean cafes. They can amp up orzo dishes, Greek salads, grilled chicken and more.
Crushed red pepper flakes also add some excitement to plain dishes. Add them to poached fish, pot roast, and vegetable-heavy soups like minestrone. Spice up starchy dishes like couscous, chowder or squash soup.
Red pepper flakes are also a great addition to rubs, pickling blends, and other mixes. Use them in taco seasoning or homemade sausage.
And remember, just a little pinch of crushed red pepper flakes can go a long way!
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.