The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: High oil (4+%) Ground Vietnamese Saigon cassia cinnamon has a spicy, sweet flavor with a bitter undertone. This is not the 1% Grocery cinnamon you are used to, this is a new level of taste, sweetness and deep cinnamon flavor
- USE: The distinctive smell of Vietnamese Saigon Cinnamon is always associated with delicious baked goods, like apple pie, snickerdoodles, and cinnamon rolls. It is also delectable in savory dishes- like in a slow-cooked meat dish or vegetable curry. Ground cinnamon can also be used in spice rubs and marinades.
- HEALTH: Scientific research has shown cassia cinnamon to have antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-diabetic properties.
- QUALITY: 100% USDA certified organic, this high quality organic ground cinnamon is pesticide-free, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free. It was packed in a SQF-certified facility.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive, safe work environment and brand.
CINNAMON is harvested from the inner bark of a tropical tree.
The Spice Labs Organic Ground Cinnamon is cassia cinnamon from India and Asia, and is packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC GROUND CINNAMON IN...
COOKING WITH ORGANIC GROUND CINNAMON:
Cinnamons distinctive strong and spicy sweetness is a perfect pairing with sweets, like fruit crumbles, cinnamon rolls and rugelach. It adds an intriguing flavor to traditional favorites like coffee cake and apple fritters- as well as more unusual desserts like caramelized bananas or cinnamon-chocolate pudding. Ground cinnamon is an essential ingredient for not only pumpkin pie, but the pumpkin spice latte, a fall favorite.
However, cinnamon is not only delicious in desserts.
Cinnamon adds a rich sweetness that rounds out a savory dish. Try ground cinnamon with minced lamb in moussaka, sprinkle it onto acorn squash before roasting, or stir some into a beefy bean chili. It adds a little something to vegetable-laden sides like Israeli Couscous or Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon.
It also works well in spice blends like Chinese Five-Spice Powder or Indian Garam Masala.
Cinnamon Quick Fixes:
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.