The Spice Lab USDA Organic Spices - French Jar
- FLAVOR: Cumin has a tangy, piquant taste, with deeply earthy and nutty notes.
- USE: Cumin is a star in dishes all over the world from chili and curry, to fajitas and falafel. Cumin is a natural addition to spice rubs or barbecue sauce- and plays well in salad dressings too.
- HEALTH: Cumin is a heart-healthy way to add significant flavor to your food without relying on salt. Also, preliminary large-scale research suggests cumin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and may help with digestion.
- QUALITY: This high-quality ground cumin is 100% USDA certified organic.
- VALUES: The Spice Lab is a woman-owned, family-run company with a commitment to its community. We source the highest quality spices, hire a diverse workforce, and cultivate a friendly, supportive work environment and brand.
Cumin is the dried seeds of the Cuminum cyminum plant, a member of the same family as parsley and fennel. Cumin originated in Egypt. It is one of the worlds best-selling spices, popular in Middle Eastern, Indian, and Latin American countries, among others. Ground cumin is a common ingredient in spice blends from curry and chili powders to garam masala and adobos. It similarly works well in multiple-ingredient spice rubs for meat or roasted vegetables.
The Spice Labs Organic Ground Cumin comes from Egypt, India and Turkey, and is Packed in the USA.
THE SPICE LABS CHEF FIONA USES ORGANIC GROUND CUMIN IN
COOKING WITH ORGANIC GROUND CUMIN
Cumin is an incredibly versatile spice that works in all kinds of dishes.
Cumin is a great friend to the vegetarian, as it can add warmth and depth to vegetable dishes. Try it in tacos with fillings like black beans and butternut squash, or cauliflower and crispy chickpeas. The slightly smoky, earthy quality of cumin is especially complementary to sweet vegetables, like corn, carrots and sweet potatoes.
Cumin Quick Fixes?
Before cooking with The Spice Labs organic ground cumin, enhance its flavor by toasting it in a dry nonstick for a couple minutes until it smells nutty.
CERTIFICATIONS & FEATURES
All our products are packaged in our HACCP Certified Manufacturing Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.