No. 178 - Pink Curing Salt "Prague Powder" No. 1 - 6.25%
- KNOWN: Prague Powder 1 is also called Insta Cure #1 or curing salt #1. Pink Curing Salt is one of the most common curing salts.
- USE: It is recommended as a curing salt for meat that requires short cures and will be cooked and eaten relatively quickly. Only 1 oz needed for 25 pounds of meat.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Pink curing salt has been known to remove toxins from meat, steaks, roasts, poultry and also helps kill the bacteria preventing reproduction.
- OTHER USE: Pink curing salt is used both curing and preserving game, sausage, bacon, salami, and much more.
- EXCELLENT: For homemade jerky seasoning and cure, as well as game curing for hunters - made in USA.
One of the most common curing salts. It is also called Insta Cure #1 or Pink curing salt #1. It contains 6.25% sodium nitrite and 93.75% table salt. It is recommended for meats that require short cures and will be cooked and eaten relatively quickly. Sodium nitrite provides the characteristic flavor and color associated with curing.
Pink curing salt is a mixture of sodium chloride and (table salt) and sodium nitrite. It is dyed pink so that it won’t be confused with table salt, it should not be used in excess. Though it is used to cure meat, it is not present in finished, cured meats in a high enough dosage to cause issues. This makes it entirely safe for the curing process.
|Shelf Life||10 Years|
|Packed||United States of America|
|Common Uses||Use in - Sausage, hard salami, jerky, ham, fish, pastrami, bacon and corned beef. Use 1 level tsp. for every 5 pounds of meat. A 4 ounce bag contains 20 teaspoons of Prague Powder # 1. To make brine, add 3 oz of Prague Powder to each gallon of water.|
|Ingredients||Salt, Sodium Nitrite (6.25%), Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Red FD&C #3|