Peanut Butter Macadamia Nut Cookies
Homemade peanut butter cookies with the traditional forked crisscrosses on them!
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and Himalayan Pink Salt (Fine). In a stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Add one egg white at a time until mixture becomes smooth. Add the peanut butter and mix until incorperated. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until a dough has formed. Mix in the macadamia nuts and the peanut butter chips. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
Preheat oven to 350°. Use a medium ice cream scooper to scoop out cookie dough onto a well greased baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten the tops. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt (Fine)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Serve with a side of ice cream.
For a twist on the recipe mix in some white or dark chocolate chips.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Yield||2 Dozen Cookies|
|Credits||Chef Cindy Taffel & Photographer Robyn Handler|