The Spice Lab Red Cardamom (Cao Guo) - Kosher Gluten-Free Non-GMO All Natural Spice - 5125
- FRUIT: Tsaoko fruit comes from a perennial herb related to the ginger family.
- ORIGIN: The plant thrives in the world's rain forests and tropical regions, with brightly colored flowers, long leaves and slender stems.
- PROCESS: The fruit is gathered in the autumn when ripe, cleaned, then dried in the sun. Once dried, the outer shell of the fruit is removed, as are the fruit's seeds.
- USE: Red Cardamom is frequently used in Chinese and other Asian cuisines.
- INGREDIENTS: Tsaoko fruit contains an essential oil comprised of numerous chemicals, including cineole, geraniol, and camphor. The essential has been shown to exhibit antibacterial and anti-fungal properties in a laboratory setting.