7081 Spicy Brown - Bone in Pork Chop with Cider Spiced Red Cabbage
When you use our Hickory Smoked Sea Salt on the stove top, it is like cooking outside on the BBQ
Pork Chops: Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, combine ½ of the Applewood Smoked Salt, and Kings Pepper Blend, all of the Spicy Brown Seasoning and Panko. Coat both sides of the pork chops with the seasoned Panko mixture. In a skillet over medium high heat, add Virgin Olive Oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Finish cooking the pork in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
Cabbage: In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat, cook the bacon until the fat has been rendered out. Remove the bacon pieces and sauté the onions in the remaining bacon fat. Allow the onions to brown and then add shredded red cabbage, green apples, apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, and bacon bits. Season with Hickory Smoked Salt and Kings Pepper Blend. Cover and cook until the cabbage has softened (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- 4 Bone in Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons (7081) Spicy Brown
- ¾ cup Panko unseasoned bread crumbs
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium sized Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 medium Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Green Apples, peeled and cored
- ½ cup Salt free or low salt Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (4007) Applewood Smoked Salt
- 1 teaspoon (5060) Kings Pepper Blend (ground)
To ensure proper internal temperature of 160°, a meat thermometer is recommended.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Credits||Chef Cindy Taffel & Photographer Robyn Handler|